We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Solutions Analyst within our IT team at Whitbread. Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee & Premier Inn
Within this role you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise of a number of technologies domains/platforms.
- Provide guidance/support for Solutions Analysts.
- To provide subject matter expertise and knowledge to the Business and other IS Functions in specific technologies and general knowledge across a range of technologies.
- To hold an understanding of the business context, how technology underpins business process and to apply that in the IS delivery of fit for purpose solutions and changes.
- Use expert knowledge to help business to make best use of, and maximise their investment in technology (recommendations, art of possible etc).
- Work with Service Management, Service Operations and Suppliers to implement SIP and minimise functional issues and disruptions.
- Manage the pipeline and lifecycle of small technology changes from requirements to stabilisation and ownership post deployment.
- Own and maintain technology product roadmaps for the Whitbread estate to inform stakeholders on current status within Whitbread, technology directions and inform plans and budgets.
- Work with Project Managers to create project briefs for medium and large change to deliver the agreed roadmap in line with patching, upgrade and replacement policies, and within business and budgetary constraints.
- Work with Service Design and Transition, and PM’s to accept new Technologies and medium and large change into Technical Services “Business As Usual” processes.
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding of technologies and deep expertise in specified technologies including infrastructure, networks and telephony, applications and databases
- Understanding of technology directions and full development life cycle
- A strong customer focus and a passion for helping others
- Experience of mentoring & coaching other team members - this role will not involve line management but you will be required to cover for the manager when required
- Requirements analysis and project management/planning skills
- Able to challenge the business and to manage 3rd party delivery
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Works well in a fast paced environment and a good team player
- Ability to interpret complex business data and information