JOB OVERVIEW; Site Engineer / Multi-Skilled Plant Maintenance Engineer ideally with FMCG plant maintenance experience or similar but this ISN'T essential. Permanent job with normal daytime working hours, Monday - Friday with occasional overtime opportunities.
Office & factory location is NEWBURY, Berkshire.
Salary dependent on experience - To £38K depending on experience, plus benefits package.
My client is a long established and rapidly expanding FMCG company which specialises in the creation of a huge variety of foods and sauces. Their customers include four of the UK's biggest and leading supermarket chains! Due to organic growth and acquisition they now seek to hire a Maintenance Engineer / Site Engineer who will be responsible for a wide variety of engineering tasks including the continuous running of all equipment and machinery at their fantastic food manufacturing factory.
In your role as Site Engineer you will report directly into the Site Operations Director. Your duties will be varied and challenging and will be split between hands-on and hands-off engineering duties. Responsibilities include but will not be limited to;
- Providing engineering support and planned preventative maintenance to all food manufacturing plant and machinery
- Use computerised systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs.
- Repairing / remedying faulty plant or machinery
- Diagnosing and minimalising downtime associated with breakdowns
- Arrange service and repair visits by third party companies as appropriate
- Various new project work and new systems implementation
- In conjunction with the Operations Director you'll design / further improve maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Working closely with the Director of Operations you will be welcome to suggest and implement improvements to factory operations and aiding continuous improvement is welcome (using Lean Techniques (5S , 6 sigma , SMED, Kaizen)
- Work with the Production Manager, Technical Manager and other team leaders to ensure Health and Safety practices are followed by all staff on the site
- Continuous improvement to increase machine performance
- Get involved with new product development
- You will receive what training is necessary in any of the above for the better performance of your duties, so this position is likely to diversify you knowledge and experience for the better!
You will have plenty of experience of performing tasks similar to the above and be a strong match to the below profile;
- Excellent proactive self-starter
- Maintenance Engineer within ideally a food / beverage or other FMCG environment although this ISN'T essential
- Knowledge and experience with standard manufacturing site machinery and equipment such as; pumps, pressure vessels, conveyors / conveyor systems, other production line machinery and equipment, pneumatic, fillers, oil fired boilers etc
- You will be at an advantage if you have H&S (Health and Safety) knowledge or experience
- PLC fault-finding skills will be advantageous in this role but not essential as only 2 / 3 machines are PLC
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Good eye for detail
- Confident and assertive approach
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
Along with a highly competitive salary and excellent working environment, my client offers on-going training and development, regular staff appraisals and a comprehensive benefits package including pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, retailer discount cards, 25 days holiday, opportunity for overtime, free parking etc.
If you are a strong match then please apply with a CV immediately.
Key words - Maintenance Engineer, H&S, Health and Safety, NEBOSH, IOSH, Systems, Site Engineer, Service, Manufacturing, Factory, Operations, Production, Technician, Preventative, Factory Operations (Technical, Engineering, Production, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement using Lean Techniques (5S , 6 sigma , SMED, Kaizen, HACCP