Shop Managers required to be based in Halifax & Huddersfield
During the last 2 years, the Halifax and Huddersfield branch of the RSPCA have continued to develop their network of Charity Shops. Our branch now has opportunities for dynamic Shop Managers to manage in our charity shops. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team. You must be experienced in retail shop management, commercially aware and have a flair for fashion and retail display. Ideally you will have worked in charity retail before. You will have passion and leadership and be able to work in a hands-on environment. The work is hard but never dull, and provides the opportunity for personal fulfilment and achievement. The post will have overall responsibility for the management, administration, profitability and effectiveness of a charity shop. We offer great job satisfaction knowing that your efforts help to raise funds for the delivery of animal welfare services at our branch animal centre.
Principal Accountabilities are:
• Driving sales to achieve shop retail targets.
• Maximise implementation of gift aid.
• Merchandising and shop display.
• Recruitment and retention of shop volunteers.
• Stock generation.
• Promote the shop in the local area using all available promotional opportunities.
• Promotion of Branch & Society initiatives and campaigns to promote the awareness of the charity.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Experience in retail shop management
• a flair for fashion and display
• Hard work and dedication in a challenging environment
• Good communication skills
• Ability to develop and motivate a team.
• A clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health & Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
The closing date for completed application forms is Friday 2nd of March. Interviews will take place on the 13th and 14th of March.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Salary: c£17,466 per annum plus benefits
Working Hours: Full Time 37.5 hrs
Please apply online for this Shop Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
An application form will need to be completed for this position and will be forwarded to the address provided on your CV.
It is our vision to work for a world in which humans respect and live in harmony with all other members of the animal kingdom.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job