Insight Employment are looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the role of Shift Manager in St Albans a recycling client of ours.
The Role of Shift Manager
In this position you will run the day-to-day operations of our busy yard in St Albans which manually and mechanically processes large volumes of waste.
The role will be office based but will require hands on approach to the role. An ability to delegate work and instruct operational staff will be required. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working together with the Assistant Operations manager
The position requires the candidate to take direction and instructions from senior management and also communicate well with staff and colleagues in order to play their part in the smooth running of the yard and the business.
Outline of duties as Shift Manager
- Supervision of all yard staff.
- Organisation and where required overseeing of all vehicle traffic and movements within the premises.
- Overseeing waste processing operations.
- Recording and keeping a daily site diary, plant, machinery maintenance and PPE/Health & Safety registers.
- Implementation and delivery of H&S policy, procedures and toolbox talks.
- Complete and audit checklists
The Shift Manager is responsible for
- Ensuring that the site is fully compliant regarding waste management as detailed in its waste management licence and company policy
- The Health and Safety of all site staff and visitors
- Leading their team of staff to maximise the profit of the facility (instigating training requirements, employee appraisals etc.) to ensure a skilled and safe workforce at all times
- All site machinery, liaising with the Operations Manager and maintenance department on the day-to-day monitoring of plant performance, planned preventive maintenance (with strict cost control on repair and maintenance)
- Maximising plant and machinery potential to ensure the highest possible recycling rates are met and upheld.
- Ensuring Mobile plant and Fixed plant defect reporting systems and procedures are in place and followed.
- Ensure that appropriate response and remedial/corrective action is taken where defects are reported and highlighted.
- Ensure that the pre-start check system is maintained by all Operatives.
- All necessary and required paperwork is completed and actions taken where required.
All candidates must have an understanding and preferably experienced within the Recycling/Waste sorting and processes, including the industry specific plant and machinery. The working environment is fast paced and demanding with part of the working day being outside of an office.
WAMITAB qualification, First Aid training and IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications would be preferable but are not essential.
Hours and Salary
As Shift Manager you will work Monday to Friday/Saturday 14:30hrs to 23:15hrs. The will be a competitive rate.
- Waste Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job