Time Appointments are working on behalf of a fantastic company based near Woodbridge who are recruiting for a Shift Engineer.
You will be responsible for carrying out routine preventative maintenance activities along with developing jigs, fixtures and other tooling.
- Ownership of manufacturing processes during shift working hours
- Fault finding on equipment causing process issues down to the root cause, not just curing the symptoms.
- To ensure the availability of production equipment and ancillary services equipment during shift working hours. This includes being the operator’s first call for when process equipment issues arise.
- Provide and perform training & mentoring to our production operatives and apprentices.
- To support the production shift team leaders day to day engineering needs and ensure all issues which arise are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- To identify and support areas of improvement in the production process.
- Support of the installation and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to manufacturing set-up, process, product cost and quality based on evaluation of process and product performance data.
- The successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of Electronic or Mechanical equipment maintenance. You will typically have experience working in a Process Manufacturing environment. Advanced knowledge of Industrial Engineering principles - SMED, Lean, Computer Aided Manufacturing, Design for Manufacture is desirable. 17th is also desirable.
Candidates will need to be able to drive as the company is based in an unreachable position by public transport.
For further detail on this and other roles please make sure you visit our web-site now or call our team to discuss career opportunities available.