Shift Leader - Manufacturing x2
£27,500 - £34,000 DOE
What makes working for our client’s Group so special? Many things! The iconic brands and global nature of their business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. Our client is the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands and they now have an exciting opportunity to join their team.
As subsidiary of the Group is a Devon-based manufacturing company with more than 200 years’ experience and expertise in developing, manufacturing and marketing medicated confectionery and vitamin products.
Our client is looking for a Manager with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and practiced people management skills!
As Shift Leader, you will have responsibility for directly coaching Senior Operators and indirectly managing up to 60 Operatives, in order to achieve production targets, whilst driving compliance in safety, quality and sustainability. You will continue to develop internal talent and ensure our client’s workforce are fulfilling their potential.
Our client seeks a highly motivated leader to drive continuous improvement within the manufacturing process, whist ensuring a clear focus on quality is maintained. You will also actively contribute to the implementation of Capex projects and identify drivers for production potential.
With excellent communication skills, you will be able to plan, analyse and challenge labour requirements and usage and be able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders, such as RD&Q, Engineering, Purchasing and Planning.
Applications are encouraged by those with existing people management skills but equally from those currently in an engineering or more technical field looking to move into managing a team.
Based in Crediton, this role is commutable from Exeter, Okehampton, Taunton, Plymouth and Barnstaple.
Full Time 37.5hrs/wk working a rotational double day shift Monday to Friday
So if you’re ready to take one big step forward and be part of the future of this business, your ideal career is just one small click away.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered, you’ll need:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Great people management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and technical knowledge of process and packaging plants
- A good level of IT literacy
- The ability to apply company policies in regard to safety, quality and sustainability and associated processes
- A Levels (or equivalent)
The following knowledge/qualifications would also be highly beneficial:
- A Six Sigma qualification (green belt minimum)
- An IOSH Managing Safely qualification
- An understanding of UK H&S legislation and awareness of IOS9001, OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 requirements
Our client prides themselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where they offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, our client offers an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including:
- Salary of £27,500 to £34,000 depending on experience
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Performance Incentive Schemes
- 35 Days’ Holiday Allowance (incl. Bank Holidays; option to purchase additional annual holiday)
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Relocation assistance for temporary accommodation
- Flexible Benefits Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free ’Fit for Life’ Medical Assessments
- Paid Community Volunteering Days
- Company Online University Learning Material
- Access to International Mondelez Job Vacancies
- Participation in frequent Social Events
No agencies please
Closing date: 19th April 2018 5pm
To apply for the role of Shift Leader (Manufacturing x2), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Shift Leader, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Shift Leader, Production Shift Leader, Manufacturing Team Leader, Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job