IQE and Cardiff University recently established a Joint Venture to lead the development and commercialization of Compound Semiconductor technologies in Europe. Titled the Compound Semiconductor Centre (CSC) this JV is a key milestone towards the creation of a European CS cluster centred in Wales. CSC works closely with Cardiff University’s Institute of Compound Semiconductors (ICS) and IQE to bridge early stage research, product development, prototyping, and pilot production, through to high volume manufacturing.
CSC offers unique opportunities to highly motivated professionals along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to continued growth within IQE we are expanding our CSC team and are looking to recruit the following position in St Mellons, Cardiff
To provide Equipment Engineering support to production by managing the various systems in terms of, breakdown, maintenance, planned preventative maintenance, record keeping and performance.
To enact timely fault finding repairs to manufacturing systems and ensure continuous improvement by identifying and implementing lasting solutions to production problems.
Key functions of the role are as follows
- The day-to-day maintenance of manufacturing systems and ancillary plant support systems.
- Maximising the uptime of all equipment necessary for production.
- Continual Improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment.
- Proactive involvement in the support of MOVPE process improvement and problem solving programmes.
- To provide site wide engineering and maintenance support to be carried out on manufacturing systems.
- To provide medium and long term planned preventative maintenance function and record keeping.
- To act as the Competent Person in all activities carried out in the area for which you are responsible
- To monitor equipment performance and identify problems, establish and implement lasting solutions to those problems.
- To liaise with the line manager on a regular basis to determine current priorities
- To pursue personal objectives decided at appraisal and progress improvement projects in line with company objectives.
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
Hours /Shifts; Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
Education background; HNC/HND or higher in an engineering discipline
Previous Experience; Experience of semiconductor maintenance is preferred but not essential. Competence with general engineering principles, practise and theory should be key attributes.
Essential skills; Ability to work with and lead a team by example
Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic aptitude and experience
Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
Interpersonal skills; A quality focussed, self starter with the desire to drive continuous improvement through the organisation and challenge the status quo.
Salary - £23,000 - £32,000 plus 40% shift allowance.
Closing date - 27th February 2018
We are working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this position and your application will be forwarded to them for review.
- CVD Process