Electrical Engineer- Manufacturing
- To provide problem-solving expertise and tradesman's skills to correct problems relating to facilities, building fabric and production equipment.
- To provide technical expertise within the technician's area of equipment ownership that:
- Ensure the appropriate preventative maintenance programmes are generated and completed each week.
- To provide maintenance cover whilst production equipment is operating such that the machines attain continually high operating efficiency's when any shift technicians are absent from work, as required. This will mean changing shift pattern on a planned basis and, where possible, at short notice.
- To ensure that the, facilities, building fabric and production equipment are safe for personnel to operate and to occupy.
- To report any issues with facilities, building fabric and equipment via the reporting system where an immediate fix cannot be made.
- To repair facilities, fabric and production equipment in a safe and timely manner where necessary.
- To carry out maintenance tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager / Production Shift Team leader.
- To generate preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment within the technician's scope of ownership.
- To ensure completion of the preventative maintenance checks within the allotted time.
- To complete documentation as required by the Maintenance Manager, and our customers. These documents include: line sign-on and sign-off sheets, dynamic risk assessments, engineering shift log, stores movements and preventative maintenance sheets. The format of these documents may change over time.
- To advise the Shift Team Leader of the technical issues with the equipment and to work cooperatively to complete corrective actions in the order of priorities set by the Shift Team Leader when on shift and the Maintenance Manager at all other times.
- To carry out risk assessments and method statements within the technician's area of responsibility.
- To provide supervision of contractors as required.
- To provide and action work permits as required where the technician is suitably competent to do so.
- To work unsupervised out of hours where necessary and to ensure the site is left securely locked and alarmed when such work is completed.
- To provide shift cover for technicians who are absent from work on shifts that are out of hour's. In practice, this should be on a planned basis, where possible.
- 3- 5 Year Manufacturing Experience
- Electrically Qualified Engineer (HNC/ HND)
- Good working knowledge of HSE
- The ability to work as a smaller team
- Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician