Great opportunity to supervise work of 15 staff manufacturing garments, soft furnishings, bags, shoes, leather goods, other furnishings including upholstery and accessories.
Good pay, lots of overtime, growing company - 120 people
What you will be doing:
- Management for up to 15 staff
- Planning rotas. Maintain optimal work flow on the production floor to enhance industry efficiency by balancing work loads and adjusting work force as needed.
- Train and instruct workers in proper construction, assembly and handling techniques and in the safe and appropriate use of machinery and equipment
- Operating sewing machines and related devices in the production and manufacture of the above such as bags, cushions, blinds and other products including sofas and leather goods, T shirts, hoodies, dresses, silk scarves, caps, trunks, leggings and soft furnishings too.
- Flat bed, overlockers, simple stitching and fine detail work, also checking finished work against the pattern instructions.
- Inspect products while being manufactured and after completion to maintain adherence to quality and measurement control specification standards.
- Keeping area and workstation tidy
- Recognize, evaluate and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work related issues.
- Responsible for helping write and post job adverts, testing candidates, evaluating and hiring new staff.
- Developing and tracking KPIs, manufacturing timing, increasing productivity and efficiency throughout dept.
- Improving techniques and materials to ensure we produce best quality goods.
- Install peer checking QC procedures
- Keeping track of and QCing incoming stock. Re-ordering stock when re
- Identifying and sourcing new equipment.
- Liaising with staff and off-site engineer to keep machinery in best condition.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Understanding of different fabrics for producing T shirts, hoodies, dresses, silk scarves, caps, trunks, leggings and soft furnishings.
- Manufacturing Experience,
- Experience working with Industrial Sewing Machines
- Decision Making, Judgement, Problem Solving, Safety Management
- Experience of managing a large team of specialists.
- Experience in manufacture of leather goods would be ideal
- Industrial Sewing