This is an exciting opportunity for a Settlements Officer in Northwich that has excellent numerical and organisational skills. You will be working in a team of 10, working towards SLA's, dealing with bank transactions and inward and outward payments.
Our client are an International Banking group based in Northwich that offer a wide range of services to a number of valued clients. Due to an exciting period of growth they are looking for hardworking individuals to become a part of the Operations and Settlements department.
The main duties of the Settlements Officer are:
- Inputting, processing, authorising payment's
- Carrying out investigations
- Supporting customers with enquires
- General database maintenance`
- Working within a team of 10, provide back-office support and service on banking operations
- Responsible for processing of Customer Transactions: BACS, CHAPS, and International Payments
- Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions
Key skills / Experience:
- Relevant experience within a Back office / administration office environment
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging - MT103 / MT202 would be advantageous, but not essential
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality
£18,000- £20,000 per annum.
The role will involve working on a shift pattern basis, with shifts between 8am and 7pm Monday - Friday.