Avenues Group are looking for a Service Manager to join our team at our Avenues East ABI Service, supporting people with acquired brain injuries in both supported living and outreach services across Stowmarket and Ipswich. Our Support Workers get involved in many interesting activities such as monthly social groups, school holiday activities, and breaks away.
Avenues is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life. This might be everyday things like providing support to do the shopping, getting a new haircut or just making a drink. But it’s also about more delicate stuff, like choosing where to live, supporting them to take a shower or the development of friendships.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
You will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and …
- Be a social care professional with experience in working with people with acquired brain injuries and challenging behaviours
- Ideally hold a Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care (or be willing to work towards this) alongside a passion for Person-Centred Active Support
- Have a strong understanding of best practice in delivering support to people with different needs and a passion for doing so
- Experience managing registered, supported living or outreach/community services including appraisals, coaching, performance management, and managing budgets and financial information.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current CQC/sector regulations and legislation
- Good IT skills - including (but not limited to) Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be flexible to work Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:30, with an expectation to potentially work outside these hours due to a shared on-call rota
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that you hold a full valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Apply today to find out more about how you can make a difference to someone’s life.
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Acquired Brain Injury