Our client are a leading learning disability and mental health support provider, providing individualised packages of care to support and enable people to mintaintheir independance in the comfort of their own home and are looking for an experienced service manager to join their busy team.
JOB PURPOSE: To oversee / maintain the care of LD Client Services and support the Registered manager in day to day running of the business.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated experience of motivating, managing and developing staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build relationships and work in partnership with relevant professionals.
- A flexible and positive approach to work with excellent organisational skills
- Experience and knowledge of Safeguarding, lone working and health and safety requirements
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health or working towards it
- Proven track experience in working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and challenging behaviour. (Minimum 7 years)
- Experience in developing Positive behaviour support plans, awareness of functional assessments.
- Experience in transition work from children to adult services
- A Good working knowledge of IT systems is required to fulfil the requirements of this post
Training & Development:
- Assist the registered manager to supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work, giving help and guidance where appropriate and assisting in keeping records up to date.
- Assist the registered Manager to develop training programs for Staff Members, including mandatory training and N.V.Q.
- Assist the registered manager in exploring free staff training and development courses.
- Maintain such log books and records as may be required by both the Registering Authority and the Directors of the Company.
- Training in using the electronic monitoring system will be provided but you are expected to be proficient in the use of the system.
- Be 'on-call’, for emergencies which may arise within the Service, and to cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Registered Care Manager Care as soon as possible of your inability to work, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Client Services
- Learning Disabilities