Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Handforth, Greater Manchester
Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our team. The role is to provide IT support to a large customer base as well as internal staff.
This position may be suitable if you have previously worked as a Helpdesk Analyst, Technical Support Specialist, IT Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Administrator, Support Analyst, Desktop Support or 1st Line Support.
Candidates will ideally possess experience of providing 1st line remote support within a Service Desk or Helpdesk environment, where you have supported Windows Operating systems. However, candidates that are seeking their first career opportunity within IT will also be considered but must have worked within a customer service role for at least two years previously.
Candidates will possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, ambitious, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will get the opportunity to work in an ITIL environment, with the opportunity for rapid career development.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, preferably within a call/contact centre
- A keen interest in technology and the willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Prioritise and manage work queues
- Working towards a Microsoft certification
- 2 years’ experience working in a 1st line support role, primarily concentrating on triage and technical support
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer facing role
- Problem-solving with an analytical mindset
- Excellent team player, develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates a 'can do’ approach
- Ability to prioritise support issues
- A genuine interest in corporate computer technology and the ability to study independently
Working hours are a weekly shift rotation to cover key support hours 06:00 - 22:00, Monday to Friday and 06:00 - 14:00 Saturdays.
- Service Desk
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job