Senior systems engineer (Information Management Capability Owner) required to contribute to the specification, design and development, validation of solutions for the hosting of applications and services on the infrastructure.
Typical activities will include:
- Decomposition of higher level customer requirements into capabilities, features and high level designs to be developed into working solutions by Agile Release Teams (ARTs)
- Develop and maintain roadmap for system capabilities
- Guide agile teams through development ensuring working systems meet the solution intent
- Participation in regular SAFe ceremonies including Sync meetings, Kanban for work planning and prioritisation
- Liaison with Agile Release Team(s), other Capability Owners, System Architects and support/specialist engineers to ensure a coherent system design is achieved e.g. cross functional dependencies resolved, non-functional constraints considered, interface definitions agreed
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Subject matter expertise in User Applications and Services, including specification, selection or development, system integration, deployment, provisioning and support
- Competence and developed skillset in engineering methods and tools for requirements management, architecture definition, design elaboration, verification & validation
- Demonstrable understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially organisation.
- Familiarity with all aspects of systems delivery including Safety, Security, Human Factors, Training, Support considerations
* Experience in using the SAFe / Agile methodologies for systems or software development
* Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools: DOORs, PTC Integrity Modeller, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC, RQM.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.