c£25,000 per annum, depending on experience
37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
MEDICA, a leading private Medical employer in the South East are seeking a Senior System Administrator within our IM&T department.
The role of the Senior Systems Administrator will be varied and fast paced with the focus on ownership, management and escalation of support calls into the IM&T department with timely resolution and monitoring for the clients, reporters and ensuring internal issues are managed as a priority.
Your role will include the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operating and maintenance of systems, hardware and software and related infrastructure. As the primary IM&T client contact, you will be responsible for all client deployment processes and liaising with the infrastructure team.
Working alongside the Service Desk Manager you will ensure the service desk is run effectively and efficiently including assessing training requirements.
- Prompt handling and resolution of technical support tickets coming in to the service desk, escalating to the appropriate resource when necessary.
- Ownership of all tickets is essential, including regular updates to individual users and groups on the progress of their tickets.
- Escalation and communication of updates on issues between employees, reporters and 3rd Party suppliers.
- Technical diagnosis and support of the IT systems, primarily to include end user hardware and software, client desktop support, telephony and printing environments.
- Rollout of hardware images and installation of 3rd party software as required.
- To take ownership and personal responsibility for all hardware and software movements within the department, ensuring the internal IM&T asset tracking system is accurate and maintained at all times.
- To work closely with the Service Desk Manager and 3rd party suppliers in order to provide cost effective quotations for the purchase of hardware and software as need dictates.
- Assist the Service Desk Manager in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures as required.
- Production of regular reports on staff activity and achievement; service desk statistics for reporting to the head of department reviews.
Along with your sound technical knowledge of Windows MS Windows network , PC operating systems, protocols and standards, you will ideally have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience working at a senior level or leading a small team in a dynamic fast paced operational environment.
- Extensive experience working closely with clients and third parties.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- In-depth knowledge of Windows MS Windows client in a networked environment.
MEDICA are a vibrant and rapidly growing provider of clinical services, started in 2004 and currently employing around 90 people with over 260 professional service providers (Reporters). Output is increasing by around 30% each year and we are investing heavily in people and infrastructure.
MEDICA delivers safe, secure, UK-based teleradiology services to over 50% of the NHS through our NightHawk, DayHawk, and Routine services, we are the leading independent UK provider of radiology reporting, delivering in excess of 1.5 million reports a year.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the first instance with your CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.
- service delivery
- Senior Systems Admin
- Windows MS Network
- effective provisioning
- operating and maintenance of systems
- hardware and software and related infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job