Senior Support Worker at Weaver Court - Bradford BD10
Senior Support Worker in Bradford BD10 - Weaver Court
Contract type: full-time
Salary: GBP 18,500
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move up in to management?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Weaver Court is a Residential Care Home for people with Learning Disabilities.The role of the Senior Support Worker is to support the management team in supporting the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day activities and that new staff are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff.
Taking the responsibility of running the shift as the senior person on duty, supporting people to take their medication, monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals' finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organization's policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It's a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
You will have to have Support Work experience, ideally within Learning Disability setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Hours: This service operates 24 hours 7 days a week, your hours will be based around a rota. You will need to be flexible to working unsocial hours which includes evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and other Religious Holidays, sleep in duties and waking nights. You will work a variety of shifts to meet the needs of the service.
Please apply online or send your CV directly to
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
We look forward to you joining us!!!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"