Our client is a multi-award winning 1st Tier automotive supplier based in the North East. They possess a long history of success, stability, and progression due to the ability to adapt to change and utilise innovative technology to stay ahead of the competition.
An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Senior Supervisor based within the North East. To effectively lead a cross functional team to ensure Safety, Cost, Delivery and Quality objectives are achieved. Manage a team of Coordinators to ensure that the company objectives are deployed and the business delivers its targets.
- Ensure that performance monitors and fact files exist for all staff summarising monthly and quarterly performance against attendance, safety and housekeeping, quality of work, flexibility, Job Knowledge, and general attitude.
- Manage Quality performance of all products & processes within the scope of responsibility:
- Deployment of ppm objectives to deliver the ppm target, leading the QRQC process
- Ensure 5Z philosophy is understood and maintained
- Contribute to the achievement of QSES
- Ensure manufacturing documentation is up to date and reviewed within specified timescales (SOS, All documentation, etc)
- Champion the use of the company Diagnostic Audits
- Provide daily direction to area teams.
- Control costs within the scope of the role as follows:
- Lead the team in the achievement of the MTCR in house cost reduction plan.
- Generate kaizen improvement activity plan.
- Continuously identify and implement cost reduction activities
- Conducts Waste removal activities to identify NVA and establish plans to reduce
- Accurately forecast 3 month manufacturing costs on a monthly basis (or as required) variance analysis and recovery plans when required
- Effectively plan man, machine and resources to ensure customer delivery targets are achieved.
- Ensure back-up systems in place & regularly checked. Deployment and compliance with company escalation procedures
- Coordinate new project introductions
- Ensure all planned maintenance activities are completed on time. PLM/Systems/Daily Checks
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership skills
- Have a "Go See" attitude
- Have significant Automotive Experience
- Have significant years within a supervisory/management role
- Experience with production manufacturing, maintenance or quality advantageous
- Have a fundamental understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and has implemented improvement in previous roles
- Have experience in the use of problem solving skills, root cause, Is/Is Not, 5 why’s, 8D etc.
- Encourage and participate in effective team working, within own team and across functions
- Have report writing and presentation skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job