New opportunity not to be missed!Ordnance Survey has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Solution Architect - Geospatial to join the team in Southampton. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of circa£70,000 per annum plus excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life.
OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services. And most famously we ensure outdoor leisure is enjoyable, accessible and safe. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation for being the world’s most trusted and inspiring geospatial partner.
OS is progressing a number of exciting projects so customers can access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of latest technologies OS has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of OS as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect - Geospatial who can provide architectural and technical leadership across a wide range of our Geospatial services and systems. Whether it be the Internet of Things, UAVs, advanced remote sensing techniques, machine learning, or the strategic adoption of cloud services, we are always considering how technology can enable us to do new and better things.
As such we need an individual who will bring strong and incisive technical leadership, able to set the vision and steer the direction as we move forward with a programme of significant business and technical change.
Leading and working with your team of Solution Architects and operating as part of the OS Architecture leadership team, our Senior Solution Architect - Geospatial role puts you right at the heart of everything that OS is about – a world-leading mapping agency and digital business with unparalleled expertise in the creation, management and exploitation of geospatial data.
Under your direction and mentorship as our Senior Solution Architect - Geospatial, your team will work collaboratively across multiple delivery teams, leading the generation of business-aligned architectures and solutions, ensuring strategic fit while optimising trade-offs between strategy and delivery. Whether you’re building strong relationships with stakeholders or making sure that solutions are aligned to business and technical strategies, you’ll be working to deliver real and demonstrable value to the business.
You will need to demonstrate your track-record against the following essential criteria and competencies:
- Experience of working as a Solution Architect within a complex business environment
- Able to define and deliver enterprise-level Geospatial solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience of delivering cloud-native digital services
- Accountability for the design and specification of system architectures and roadmaps that are aligned to business requirements and wider strategy
- Providing leadership to technical teams (e.g. solution architects, software engineers, technical experts) in an agile environment
- Collaborating with and influencing key business and technical stakeholders
We offer fantastic benefits
- Salary – Circa £70,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our Senior Solution Architect - Geospatial.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job