Senior Restricted Funds Officer
Christian Aid are exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit their Senior Restricted Funds Officer role on a permanent basis. Christian Aid are a large, vibrant charity based in Waterloo and they work with some of the world’s most vulnerable communities in 29 countries across the world. They are now looking to recruit this key role following some recent internal changes within the Restricted Funds Team.
They carry out their relief, development and advocacy work through more than 500 local organisations, which are close to the people and communities they seek to help, therefore helping to best understand their needs and develop sustainable approaches for all of their programmes. The Restricted Funds Team in particular plays a key role within the development and delivery of these programmes by providing invaluable financial expertise and advice on strategic direction making throughout the projects’ lifecycle.
Christian Aid’s vision is a world free from poverty, where everyone can live a full and free life. They are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who work on topics as diverse as emergency response, accountability, peace-building, health, land rights, tax justice and helping communities adapt to climate change. They receive funding from key donors and partners such as USAID, DFID, European Commission, Scottish Aid and Irish Aid, enabling them to have a large-scale, deep and lasting impact on people’s lives.
This role offers a full-time opportunity with flexible working arrangements and an excellent benefits package. However, candidates applying must live within a reasonable commute from their office in Waterloo, London.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the Restricted Fund Manager in maintaining an overview and management of restricted funds within Christian Aid.
- Be the team lead for large and complex restricted projects (including multi country projects and donor audits).
- Support the Restricted Funds Officers in the development, tracking and management of restricted projects through the provision of expert commercial finance input.
- Support country offices with new restricted fund proposal(s), including budget development and final review to ensure that key elements of the proposed budget are included per the Restricted Fund Policy.
- Work in partnership with Country Offices and Programme Funding Team in preparing and undertaking external country office donor audits.
- Be a mentor to the restricted fund finance officers.
- Lead in the closing off of fund codes once a project is completed.
- Undertake occasional international travel to countries where this organisation has a notable presence, working closely with the in-country teams to add value.
The successful candidate will be:
- A Qualified Accountant or Finalist.
- Experienced working with restricted funds.
- An expert on USAID, DFID, EU and other major donor reporting and requirements.
- Preferably, experienced using SUN and/or Q&A.
- Highly organised with the ability to work simultaneously across multiple funds and across three complex teams.
- Assertive, able to challenge and influence seniors as well as peers.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office or similar to advanced level.
- Analytically strong and able to quickly review high volume/value financial information for consistency and accuracy.
CVs are being reviewed daily with first stage screening interviews happening on an ad hoc basis. Applications will be under continuous review before the closing date, so please submit your application to our exclusive agent Robertson Bell.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'