Chase and Holland have an excellent opportunity to join a leading UK manufacturer based in North Lincolnshire. This is an award-winning business that has experienced sustained growth in recent years and is looking for a Senior Purchasing Assistant seeking their next career challenge. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Purchasing professional who is eager to grow with a great company.
The Senior Purchasing Assistant will work with the Purchasing Manager in the delivery of the commercial purchasing function of the company's entire expenditure.
Duties will include;
- Assisting with the development and management of the purchasing department
- Assist with the development and delivery of a purchasing strategy across the company Group
- To take ownership of and manage customer project supply requirements as identified by the Purchasing Manager
- Assist with the implementation of new systems and processes for effective purchasing across the organisation
- Identify opportunities for broader savings in inventory and warehousing costs and assist with the implementation of continuous improvements
- To participate in supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts
- Assist proactively with the minimisation of supply risk of materials
KPI Measures will include:
- Expenditure vs Budget
- Stock availability to meet production requirements
- On time delivery
- Quality of Products/Services delivered
- Working Capital tied up in stock and level of obsolescence provision
The successful Senior Purchasing Assistant will be self-motivated, determined and be able to work to deadlines. You will have strong attention to detail and be IT literate including Microsoft Excel. A good academic background and CIPS would be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity with to work in an interesting workplace and play a key role in a growing company with great work ethics. For the right candidate, there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job