Our client is the UK’s leader in anaerobic digestion. They own and operate anaerobic digestion (AD) plants, recycling food waste to generate renewable electricity for the grid and a valuable fertiliser for farmland. They provide food waste treatment services to local authorities in England and Wales and to major supermarkets, food manufacturers, pubs and restaurants.
Position: Senior Plant Engineer
Location: Merevale AD Plant, Merevale Lane, Baxterley, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2LA
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 contracted hours per week Monday - Friday, plus remote monitoring and weekends when required
Salary: max £40k per annum dependant on experience; plus allowance of £1,200 per annum + Overtime
Benefits: pension - 3% employer & employee, holiday - 25 days pa, increasing to max 27 days
About the role:
- Deputise fully for the Merevale Site Manager, assisting in the compliant and cost effective running of the Merevale AD Site.
- Ensure that at all times care is taken for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring all site operations comply with: Environmental Permits; Animal By-Products (ABP) regulations; Health & Safety Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, and internal systems & procedures; Planning conditions
- Ensure all site activities fully comply with: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and PAS 110 management standards
- Assist in the development of and adherence to best practice Safe Systems of Work and Operating & Maintenance instructions
- Play a key role assisting the Site Manager in the development of a positive safety culture
- Ensure that the Merevale AD Site is clean, tidy and in good order at all times
- Assist the Site Manager & act as deputy with all site operations, ensuring the operations are run safely to optimum capacity, maximising performance with full regard to SHEQ compliance
- Provide support and cover for the Site Manager in the operation and remote monitoring of process performance as part of a duty management team, required to maintain safe and efficient performance of the site.
- In the absence of the Site Manager, manage the staffing levels, ensuring there is sufficient labour to operate the site safely at maximum throughput
- Work with the Operations Excellence Manager and Procurement to optimise the cost-effective use of suppliers and contractors
- Work with the Site Manager & Operations Excellence Manager developing a list of approved contractors and monitor their performance
- Work with the Site Manager, the Operations Excellence Manager and other site teams in establishing Best Practice standards to reduce maintenance and operating costs
- Co-ordinate and carry out maintenance, cost effectively deploying resources
- Lead the planned preventative maintenance, managing the planned downtime of key equipment for safe and cost-effective overhauls
- Provide cover at other sites as required
- Assist where requested with the commissioning of new sites & training of new staff
- Carry out, as directed, tasks in addition to the above that are reasonable & within capabilities
- Safety conscious and aware of environmental impacts
- Proven Engineering ability & experience required – mechanical and / or control & electrical skills
- Qualified in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar or qualified by experience in engineering
- Hold a WAMITAB (covering biological treatment) Certificate of Technical Competence, training will be provided if required.
- Hold a NEBOSH safety qualification (General Certificate), training will be provided if required.
- Experience of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001managment systems & following procedure and protocol
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance
- Experience of managing a budget and / or controlling costs
- Qualification and / or experience in confined spaces, working at heights, first aid & banksman duties are desirable
- Full Driving licence, and ability to operate a fork lift truck and obtain a fork lift truck licence
You may have experience of the following: Senior Plant Engineer, Plant Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineer, Plant Maintenance Engineer, Plant Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineering etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job