Penguin Recruitment are pleased to be working alongside a growing Local Authority based in the Oxfordshire area on a new requirement for a Senior Planning Policy officer to join their busy planning team. My client pride themselves on the provision of high quality planning services throughout the region.
- Strong academic background; undergraduate and/or postgraduate planning qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of producing high quality written reports and documents
- Understanding and experience of working within a policy focussed planning role
- Strong knowledge of current legislation and policy
- Confident working independently as well as part of a team
- Comfortable liaising with colleagues and clients at varying levels
- An accredited degree with 5 years'+ post-graduate planning experience, ideally within a public sector role
About the Role
The successful candidate will play an important role in preparing, monitoring and advising on Planning Policy. You will assess various policies, monitoring their effectiveness and advising on planning policy issues. Working within the planning team, you will maintain excellent working relationships with clients and colleagues and will provide support to more junior team members where necessary. You will contribute to the review of the Local Plan during a crucial stage of its development.
You will be offered an attractive salary and package, which will offer benefits including flexible working and access to Local Government Pension Scheme. You will also receive ongoing training and career progression opportunities.
For more information or for further vacancies within the Planning sector, please contact Gemma Seaman of Penguin Recruitment directly on . Alternatively you can send an email and we'll call you back. Emails to: .
- public sector
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"