Are you an experienced Senior Merchandiser / Merchandising Manager who is looking for a new and exciting role working for a very successful British brand? If so, then we may have just the position for you!
Our client is seeking an experienced and proactive merchandiser to join their team. You will have first class forecasting skills, be highly numerate, and commercially aware with a real love of product. In this role you will ensure both new and continuity product ranges are well balanced, stock levels are optimised, and that margin meets requirements in order to maximise sales opportunities and profitability for the businesses.
As Merchandising Manager, the role will involve:
- Producing range plans to ensure that buys are within budget, have appropriate width and depth of the range, and optimal SKU counts, managing the product assortment of both new and continuity lines.
- Working with Head of Buying and Directors, setting seasonal spend and target margins to achieve maximum sales opportunities and targets.
- Effective product life cycle planning to maintain stock targets, whilst ensuring aged stock is minimised and proposing exit strategies where necessary.
- Liaise closely with sales teams in both UK and US to ensure adequate stock levels at all times in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- Reviewing sales, stock levels and intake on a monthly basis to ensure a "never out of stock" situation, ensuring repeat orders for bestsellers are placed in a timely manner, and highlighting areas of concern.
- Re-forecasting as necessary to ensure future sales forecasts are in line with current trends.
- Working closely with supply chain teams to ensure efficient flow of merchandise through the business.
- Regular communication with the marketing and sales teams to flag any stock availability, on-floor dates, margin, or price concerns.
- Weekly meetings with the sales team to look at stock levels, sell through, etc.
- Analysing customer and range performance, presenting to sales and PD teams, proposing solutions and improvements as necessary.
- Proposing and being responsible for clearance lines.
- Full ownership of the price lists in all currencies, ensuring 100% accuracy at all times.
- Training new team members alongside any reporting and analysis as required by the business.
The successful Merchandising Manager will have the following qualities:
- 5+ years’ experience as a merchandiser.
- Experience of working for a supplier is essential.
- Highly analytical with first class organisational and presentation skills.
- An excellent communicator at all levels, both written and verbally, with the ability to present and communicate ideas in a clear and effective manner.
- Commercially aware with a love of product.
- A decision maker, with a pro-active, flexible approach.
- Deadline driven, an excellent multi-tasker, and the ability to effectively prioritise workloads.
- A strategist who has an inquisitive nature, always striving to improve processes and ways of working.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced Excel.
- A team player who is personable, hands on, and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Commercial Awareness
- Inventory Management
- Merchandise Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'