Based in Wigmore House, the Senior Material Supplier – AOG Desk provides full material support to production areas including Maintrol, Line Maintenance, Base Maintenance, Workshops and with External Suppliers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home. Many colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. It’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
The role holder may be required to work rosters which may include unsocial hours and may be required to travel to provide operational support for the engineering organisation.
Applications close 16 April 2021
How You Will Make An Impact
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Responsible for the operational support and procurement of aircraft spare parts including tracing and tracking of on-going shipments worldwide and expediting the delivery
- Coordination of case-to-case logistical activities worldwide, monitoring task progress to ensure delivery in agreed timescales/budgets, completing all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a shift handover log for your designated area at the end of each day and liaise with other departments as necessary
- Facilitation of the performance management of strategic suppliers ensuring service level agreements (SLA’s) are met
- Forward provisioning of materials to meet business needs
- Ensure ‘loans-in’ are effectively managed and the exposure to surplus/waste is minimised
- Liaising with the engineering community to develop provisioning models
- Supporting and participating in tendering/contract development, ensuring maximum value for money in any buying decisions is achieved
- Delivering appropriate/timely management reporting across all areas of responsibility
- Potential to act up to Duty Material Supplier as requested within agreed levels of authority
What You Will Bring
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Aviation background with supply chain experience, including procurement & tendering experience
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of engineering systems
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate self-confidence and the ability to present at all levels across a wide engineering organisation
- A willingness to travel to support the operational support of the engineering organisation
- Ability to work rosters which may include unsocial hours
TUI and You
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
TUI Aviation is an organisation setup within TUI to cover all Aviation activities. We interlink local airline and group aviation functions to share expertise, collaborate effectively, drive continuous improvement and create economies of scale. With five airlines based in the UK, Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany each serving their own markets, we work together to build a better, stronger and more efficient TUI Aviation for the future.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. ?Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive.? Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. ?We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.? If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit https://our-dna/diversity/
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'