Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are looking for a Senior Lawyer to be based in Brisbane or Perth in Australia.
The role will require experience in the area in Tax Law, to advise on and manage group strategic and material litigation, investigations and disputes. The role is also the key legal contact for the tax function in the area of tax audits, mediation and litigation.
As a key partner to the business, the Senior Lawyer identifies and manages legal risks in a cost effective manner, including advising senior management on strategic legal issues. The focus of the role is to:
- Manage all stages of large scale litigation, investigations and disputes including a particular focus on corporate taxation.
- Provide timely, accurate, independent, strategic, and commercially pragmatic legal advice whilst managing legal and commercial risks.
- Be familiar with relevant legislative frameworks and audit and investigation processes.
- Deal with regulators including information requests, and interviews.
- Be familiar with litigation, alternative dispute resolution methods and legislative and judicial appeals processes.
- Conduct risk management strategies, including preparation of evidence of transactions to support commercial and legal outcomes.
- Licensed lawyer, qualified to practice in Australia (preferably in QLD or WA)
- 10-15 years experience in the legal profession.
- Substantial professional experience in a commercially oriented legal environment (including top tier law firm and in house major corporate in multiple jurisdictions).
- Significant litigation experience in material and complex cases including corporate taxation
- Strong commercial and contractual experience in a broad-based commercial environment, including risk identification, analysis and management and litigation management.
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Legal Advice
- Tax Law
- Legal Issues
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"