Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are currently searching for an IT Systems Engineer to join a small focused team within the SportsDirect IT Department who are responsible for the deployment, management and operation of all the servers in the Groups datacenters, as well as deployment and management of all workstations operating systems and applications within the Group.
Your role will be to provide 3rd Line support to all parts of the SportsDirect Group (Retail, Website, Office and Warehouse) developing a broad knowledge of all IT systems hosted in the Company datacenters and cloud based services. You will create a career path to become a technology specialist in an agreed area within the team. As part of your role you will also be expected to provide training and guidance to members of helpdesk and workshop teams on the operation of the systems they support.
- Resolution of day to day support issues escalated to the team
- Leading new projects within the team (major upgrades / new technology deployments / migrations as required)
- Ownership of one or more key technologies to the department, being centre of knowledge for that technology and owning the plan to develop it within the SportsDirect infrastructure
- Management of datacenter hardware Servers, SANS (hardware maintenance, updating and maintaining, deployment of new kit, removal of old)
- Management of PC and server builds (updating OS builds for new models and OS updates)
- Management of firmware / OS and application patching (testing, deploying, monitoring and reporting)
- Dependable, motivated, you will take responsibility for your own workload and take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
- Able to prioritise your own workload in line with the team objectives.
- You will also be driven to make effective use of your working day able to prioritise a heavy workload
- Datacentre Hardware (Dell)
- In depth knowledge of Windows Client and Server operating systems including Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP / DNS etc…
- Virtualisation - Vmware ESXi / Hyper-V
- Powershell / Scripting
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Veritas Netbackup
- Office 365 (services)
- Microsoft Azure
- SAN Storage
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Able to analyse a system understand the components and their dependencies and work to isolate issues
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of how to research a new problem and find solutions