VeryPC is a young & exciting, technology company with a modern approach to business. We manufacture, supply and service a wide range of desktop, laptop, server and audio-visual hardware as well as providing a range of managed IT support services to businesses and schools across the UK. We are based in Hillsborough with easy access to the Supertram & plenty of onsite parking.
We are currently recruiting a Senior IT Support Technician to join VeryPC’s Technology Department.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, you will be primarily working on our helpdesk, responsible for the logging, diagnosis and resolution of client’s hardware and software issues as well as working in the field when required, carrying out the installation and repair of existing and new hardware/software solutions. Your day to day duties will be varied and the role requires someone who is not only technically capable but also a great communicator, well organised, self-motivated and committed to providing the best service possible in a fast paced environment.
The role is primarily office based but will require regular travel to our client’s sites when onsite visits are required, including overnight stays when needed.
The ideal candidate
- Full Clean UK Driving License.
- Excellent telephone manner, good interpersonal and communications skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst maintaining exceptional customer service.
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience working in a similar senior technical role.
- Diagnosing and resolving Hardware and Software issues for Desktop and Server Hardware.
- Installation, Setup and Configuration of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Installation and management of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365 suite.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing VMware vSphere / Hyper-V.
- Experience with the Backup and Restore of Windows Servers (Disaster Recovery).
- Good understanding of Core Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN) and Wireless technologies.
- Industry recognised qualifications are a plus but not essential.
Owing to the nature of this position and that you will be visiting schools and businesses where vulnerable people may be present, any offer of employment to the successful applicant will be subject to the completion of a satisfactory, enhanced checking report from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check), the cost of which will be met by VeryPC.
No terminology in this job description is intended to be discriminatory and we confirm that we will accept applications from persons of any background for this role as long as they have the required skills.