Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Integrity Engineer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of the Integrity team. You will have responsibility for managing the integrity of pressure systems fixed equipment, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment and fit for purpose assessments (for onshore and offshore pressure systems).
You must be able to plan and organise your work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and be an active team player. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions. You will report directly to our Pressure Systems Team Leader.
Key responsibilities include
- Act as focal point for pressure systems integrity team for designated responsible area assets
- Contribute towards the development, review and update of fixed equipment integrity management systems. Undertake strategic reviews and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
- Review pressure systems inspection & maintenance strategies regularly in terms of alignment with field life expectations. Provide the team leader with regular feedback on systems performance and make recommendations for systems improvement and strategic integrity project needs.
- Define vessel and pipework inspection plans, identifying applicable damage mechanisms, suitable inspection techniques and using industry standards, codes and best working practices
- Communicate integrity concerns appropriately to the team leader and when required, to the wider business and provide strategic updates on emerging issues and integrity projects.
- Act as team member within the "Competent Body" to meet the expectations of PSSR & COMAH Scheme for onshore terminals & offshore assets.
- Responsibility for organisation of and preparation for, competent body meetings for approval of WSEs against assigned asset as demand requires.
- Regulatory - support the team leader with HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities
- Provide supervision and guidance to Integrity Engineers.
- Provide risk assessment and recommendations of action to the team leader, for requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
- Contribute towards the preparation of an annual pressure systems integrity summary, providing an overall fitness for service statement for designated asset.
- Support the team leader to act as control authority in the Management of Change process providing advice on technical assurance to modifications.
- Conduct asset visits and surveys to plan, manage and witness ongoing integrity related tasks and to maintain familiarity with the asset and its integrity condition.
The successful candidate will ideally be Mechanical or Metallurgy degree qualified, to chartered status (or working towards). You will also ideally have previous experience within the Process/Petrochemicals Industry with relevant experience in onshore/offshore oil & gas.
As the Senior Integrity Engineer, you will ideally have experience with pressure vessel design, integrity and performance analysis as well as experience of managing a corrosion control system.
With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving as well as good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd