RELOcruitment has the pleasure of assisting the recruitment needs of a specialist professional services and technology firm, which works in partnership with leading insurance, highly regulated and global businesses to manage risk, operate their core business processes, transform and grow. Our multi-national blue chip entity has a global team of more than 3,700 professionals which operate across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda.
They now seek to appoint a Senior Technician - Claims, working out of their Colchester office to act as a claims collection intermediary between cedant and reinsurer on Excess of Loss and / or Proportional Treaty accounts of varied and high complexity.
The client are flexible in regards to working arrangements with the role being a mix of home and office working.
Lloyds broker experience is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and process initial premiums and midterm amendments in accordance with pre-determined departmental deadlines. Follow up and resolve outstanding issues.
- Review and process initial claim advices and process claims and billings in accordance with pre-determined departmental deadlines. Follow up and resolve outstanding issues.
- Identify and verify coverage for reported losses and identify / clarify / resolve existing and potential problems. Where necessary, refer / discuss problems with senior colleagues and / or claims advocates.
- Collate, analyse and process LOC agreements and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Communicate, as required, with markets, banks and R&Q colleagues.
- Process the more complex queries between client and reinsurer, adhering to department procedures and client / department service standards. Where appropriate, act as a centre of excellence on complicated queries. Liaise with the Brokers and Advocates, as required.
- Check and analyse systems / reports to identify and target balances to be collected. Collect claim balances on assigned clients; provide reports / statements to clients, reinsurers and management, as deemed necessary.
- Arrange and attend audits with clients and reinsurers, when necessary, and update management with appropriate reports from such audits.
- Reconcile client and market accounts, update systems and assist Fiduciary department with cash application details.
- Personally promote and maintain relationships with internal and external key contacts. Participate in meetings with clients and markets to build relationships, understand their issues, resolve problems and review working practices.
- Develop and maintain specific industry skills required to enhance service and support customer relationships.
- Participate in outsourced activity at the office of the customer, where reasonable.
- Support existing and future revenue opportunities through professional communication and conduct with the client, internal contacts and the virtual team.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, statistics and management information, if required.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share ideas, knowledge and experience. Make a positive contribution to enhancing the services provided and improving colleague capability.
- Provide support, assistance and coaching to colleagues as required and act as a mentor and role model towards colleagues. Support team by maintaining colleagues' workloads in their absence.
- Maintain filing and records in accordance with departmental procedures and best practices.
- Contribute to the achievement of the department and company Key Performance Indicators and Service Standards and take ownership for escalation on areas of weakness. This includes developing and maintaining effective processes and procedures and demonstrating adherence to the relevant business controls.
- Achieve own goals and objectives and perform other job-related duties as assigned, e.g. technical role in a virtual team, participation in group and project work, support manager.
- Take responsibility for development of own personal skills and competencies in line with any agreed development plan and / or stated regulatory requirements.
- Support department activities to comply with FSA and other industry regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to the R&Q E & O and Compliance standards; the Safety, Health and Environment policy; and departmental procedures, guidelines and business controls.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent knowledge of insurance and reinsurance concepts, general accounting, business principles, especially those relevant to claims processing and collections.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. spreadsheet, word processing and mainframe applications).
- Excellent verbal and written skills for communication with clients, markets and R&Q colleagues at various levels.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability and willingness to work beyond own team.
- Proven knowledge of business principles and trends.
- Excellent ability to find creative solutions to problems, as they arise.
- Ability to coach and train colleagues.
- Willingness to travel.
- Working towards ACII or other insurance/reinsurance qualification is desirable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'