Senior Financial Data Analyst
Great opportunity to join leading global professional service practice experiencing growth across the UK and in its Newcastle Analytics team hub thanks to major business wins with large and blue chip clients operating in diverse market sectors.
Working in advance of Assurance assignments and in support of Planning and Review activity, main Senior Financial Data Analyst responsibilities include:
• Scope the analytics assignment with the client service team
• Liaise with clients to obtain required data and extract from client systems
• Develop an understanding of how to use popular accounting systems (e.g. SAP, ORACLE, SAGE)
• Populate the company’s proprietary analytical tools and understand the audit assurance obtained from them
• Design and perform tailored analysis to help the client service teams better understand the client's business and ledgers
• Review colleagues work - readiness to buddy, coach, mentor and motivate
• Liaise with audit service teams to understand the results of their investigations, root causes of anomalies/trends within the data and impact on the financial audit
As Senior Financial Data Analyst, you will need:
• Strong, relevant Accountancy experience, probably gained with a medium/large organisation or Finance Shared Service Centre
• A solid understanding of key ledgers (AP/AR/GL) with some exposure to more advanced accounting skills and knowledge - highly experienced Assistant Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Analyst or Senior/Supervisor/Team Leader in Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
• Part/fully qualified (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, AAT) or equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access. MS SQL Server/Visual Basic ideally with ERP and Accounting systems also desireable but not essential
• An understanding of Audit processes
• Strong communication
• Customer focus, drive, confidence and initiative - an appetitie for progression to management is advantageous
• The ability to deal with high pressure situations and meet deadlines
• Excellent salary and benefits package including "90% contract", enabling Summer, Easter and Christmas school holiday cover
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Senior Financial Data Analyst, Newcastle
- External Audit
- Financial Data
- Microsoft Excel
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'