KPC - Senior Financial Accountant - £60-70,000 - Brentford
KPC are exclusively partnering with a recently purchased FMCG business based in Brentford. Due to an office relocation the finance function is being re-established and the FD is looking for a number 2 to help him shape and grow the finance function.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for daily bookkeeping, internal & external financial reporting,tax filing/compliance and general oversight of the day to day accounting.
Due to the re-structure this role will evolve in a short space in time and junior members of staff will come to take on the transactional responsibility.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the finance function, controls, strategic initiatives and the overall adding value to the organisation.
- Daily bookkeeping in cooperation with account receivables/payables in Finland HQ
- Full ownership of monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing of accounts, including the preparation of statutory accounts under IFRS and FRS102
- VAT Returns
- Accurate cash flow management and cash flow forecasts
- Currency hedging treatment in accounting together with Group treasury
- Responsibility for statutory reporting
- Corporation Tax Calculations
- Annual statutory audit and financial statement preparation process under IFRS
- Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Account receivable/payable and payroll support
- Managing external relationships (bankers, auditors, pension, Employee Share Trust, HMRC,
- Review ledger for potential bad debts and perform first level debt collection
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Ownership of balance sheet
- Ensure the PO process is being adhered to and used to generate month end accruals
- Identify areas for improvement and Implement relevant Internal Controls
- Oversee all regulatory compliance issues
- Identify areas for improvement and assist Financial Director in driving change to continuously improve operating environment
To be considered for this role you must be:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA - 2-3 years PE minimum
- Broad exposure of management & financial accounting
- Must be able to commute to Brentford (25 minutes from Clapham Junction/30 minutes from Waterloo).
This role will be moving quickly and the client is keen to conduct interviews asap.
If you are interested apply now and we will follow up with a call.