The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join a FTSE 50 Telecommunications business based in Central London on a Permanent Basis.
Reporting directly in to the Head of Finance this is a brilliant opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with 3 Years of Qualified Experience to join a newly created team within a FTSE 50 organisation.
- To undertake on site balance sheet deep dive and management reviews for Global Services countries/regions/functional and contract areas in line with standard audit methodologies, enabling Global Services to provide independent and objective assurance as to the accuracy and integrity of the balance sheets in the GS countries / regions. The reviews will also provide assurance around the adequacy and effectiveness of key controls and of risk management activities.
- The balance sheet deep dives are based on external audit methodologies and principles and requires data analysis, interviewing, substantive balance testing, process mapping and understanding, using wider intelligence and own skill/judgement to identify the key risks and controls within the area being audited and how to test to ensure they operate as designed.
- The role holder will be responsible for developing the detailed plans for and leading selected deep dive reviews reviews, selecting the balance sheet accounts for deep dive (substantive testing) and the relevant samples to be tested in line with the agreed methodology. In addition the role holder will need to identify and agree other balance sheet accounts (not in scope for the deep dive review) for which a review is required to understand the nature and validity of the reported balance.
- The role holder needs to draw conclusions resulting from their work, agree with country/regional CFOs and write reports making recommendations for resolution. They will also need to track management's responses to draft reports, prepare the final report and subsequently track resolution of findings, including testing to confirm closure.
- The role holder will manage relationships with country/regional CFOs and their finance teams, FSSC teams and influences at DR to LOB CFO level
- Likely to have some direct people management responsibility
- The role involves international travel to GS countries and locations. Each deep dive is expected to require two weeks on-site either in-country of in the FSSC. Annual travel commitment is expected to be around 40-50%
- The role holder is required to have relevant financial audit experience and will hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification / audit qualification.
- Typically degree level or equivalent
- Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent) or exceptionally equivalent experience in lieu of qualification
- Minimum 3 years PQE
- Significant financial audit experience
- IT systems and data analytics audit experience
- Extensive excel skills
- Significant audit experience gained from the Big 4 audit firms
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job