At McLaren Automotive Ltd (MAL) our vision is not only to become the most iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join our finance team to support the Sales & Marketing department in Woking.Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you be responsible for providing support to the Senior finance manager to cover all the central sales & marketing functions helping to drive profitability whilst also being responsible for providing financial analysis & support to the Sales & Marketing team. You will be responsible for managing and reporting spend against budgets & forecasts whilst also looking into how we continue to develop our recently implemented SAP system.Principal accountabilities:
Month end duties:
- Month-end activities including posting journals, accruals, prepayments and providing BVA commentary to the Senior Finance Manager
- Review monthly spend in areas of responsibility and investigate variances
- Prepare monthly management presentations on previous months performance and present to senior management
- Challenge stakeholders to drive accountability, as well as providing them with the tools necessary to track progress against their financial targets and most importantly, allow them to keep within agreed budgets
Budgeting / forecasting duties:
- Liaise with all departments to ensure budgets/forecasts are submitted on time and support the preparation and development of annual Budgets, 10 year Business Plans and Quarterly forecast
- Supporting sales and marketing function with any adjustments and the resulting re-forecasts
- Provide consistent, accurate and timely financial information and analysis on Sales & Marketing financial performance
- Assist with the development and reporting of appropriate KPI’s across Sales & Marketing
- Understanding of the numbers, and ability to articulate this to both Financial and Non-financial colleagues
Other ad-hoc business requirements as required by the Senior Finance ManagerKnowledge, skills & experience:
- Qualified Accountant with relevant commercial experience (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of accounting systems, preference for SAP experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, etc)
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the business from director level downward
- High analytical and strong organisational capacity
- Confident with offering constructive challenges to senior managers concerning budgets and cost controlling
- Excellent influencing, communication and negotiation skills
- To be able to work on multiple projects and tasks with various senior stakeholders.
- Relevant Industry experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Pro-active, passionate, confident and ambitious individual
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with operational (non-financial) colleagues
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to working
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.