Our client based around the Heathrow area is looking for a senior export clerk working nights
Monday - Friday plus Bank Holiday cover
Hours : Set shift between the hours of 19:00pm-06:30am (8.5hr Shift)
Working with a team of 6 office staff and 4 warehouse staff
20 days holiday per year
Pension scheme after a successful 6 month probation
Salary of £32,263.68 plus £2,400.00 shift allowance plus regular weekend and Bank Holiday overtime.
- Operation / use of external I.T systems.
- External communication with service providers.
- Preparation and completion of paperwork for export.
- Checking shipments have had freight charges applied - wherever applicable.
- Liaising with airlines to ascertain the whereabouts of missing cargo.
- Post-flighting - in absence of the office junior.
- Specialist export of goods through a variety of Government regulated bodies such as The Home Office, Cites, The Chamber of Commerce, DEFRA and HMRC.
- Customs entries involving procedures through ASM GEMS and CHIEF.
- Strict adherence to numerous internal procedures both department specific and company specific, the latter being defined by SOPs and Ops memos.
This role may also, from time to time include the following:
- Shipment handling including loading and unloading of freight.
- Preparation of shipments for export, to include topping up of dry ice, gel pack replenishment, marking and labelling.
- Monitoring of A/S flashes.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to follow procedures & instructions
- Able to provide relevant information on request
- Good communication skills - verbally & written
- Have industry awareness including experience and understanding of Customs procedures and entries
Personal Attributes and Disposition:
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Self motivated
- Remains Calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude - for working shifts and last minute coverage
- High attention to detail
- Uses own initiative
- Able to prioritise workload
- Friendly & polite
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy
- Physically fit and able to undertake the required tasks.