Are you an Environmental Health Officer with at least two years experience? Our client based in London are looking for Senior Environmental Health Officer to join their busy team on an initial three-month contract.
Who we are:
Shield Safety Resourcing is a leading provider of Health, Safety, Environment, Quality and Wellbeing Professionals in the UK.
As part of the multi-award-winning Shield Safety Group, our dedicated team offers contract, interim and permanent recruitment, as well as a variety of consultancy services, such as market intelligence reports, assessor training and attraction and retention strategy.
Our specialist knowledge of both the private and public sectors, combined with our recruitment expertise gives clients access to the best HSEQ professionals, fast.
We make HSEQ resourcing simple.
- To lead on case work and the processing of highly complex and correspondence, ensuring it is effectively and efficiently carried out to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is successful in meeting the Council’s targets and objectives
- Take a pro-active approach to problem solving, and work within the policies and procedures laid down by the Council to address the diverse nature of the job, in terms of the type and size of the premises visited, the relative risk they present to residents, workers and in some situations the need to protect and enhance the lives of vulnerable groups in society.
- Respond to service requests, projects and complete programmed inspections concerning environmental health following service policy and procedures to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- Investigation of service requests, including programmed inspections and use of appropriate enforcement action in line with the Council’s community strategy, corporate plan and departmental enforcement policies.
- Responsibility for developing and delivering special projects, policy, research, areas of expertise and/or functional activities within the team and carry out such other duties and responsibilities applicable to the post as may be allocated or determined by the Team Manager.
- BSc or Diploma in Environmental Health and be eligible for EHORB registration as an EHO.
- At least 2 years recent work as an Environmental Health Officer in the field of food safety within local authority Environmental Health departments
- Have a detailed knowledge/understanding of the legislative framework relevant to the team and its application to casework.
- Experience in taking enforcement action for failure to comply with requirements of appropriate legislation and statutory notices.
Interested? Apply today!
- Environmental Health
- Food Safety