The role will be to provide technical support and guidance to the hard service teams. This will involve overseeing all activities for technical suitability, statutory and contractual compliance. Ensuring that all the PPM and Reactive works are completed within the correct time scales to ensure we achieve our SLA’s and that all the documentation is correctly filled and available at all times.
Further duties will include the day to day management of all in house staff and subcontractors to ensure works are completed following the Interserve processes and procedures and any financial considerations are adhered to.
- To provide technical support to both the in house hard service team.
- Ensure all PPM are completed within the correct time frames and any additional or follow up remedial works are completed within a timely manner.
- To liaise with the supervisors to ensure they are supervising the teams workloads effectively and managing the day to day operations of a multi skilled team of operatives.
- Maintaining accurate estates records and logs, updating and recording all status of all activities undertaken to all systems, equipment, and statutory / regulatory compliance requirements.
- To liaise with external specialist subcontracted service providers, such as, water hygiene, lift, statutory Inspections, fire alarm, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, security systems, CCTV, access control, eye bolts, LV/HV systems, chillers etc. To co-ordinate their work, standard of workmanship, correctly completed paperwork/records and ensure minimum disruption is caused to staff and patients of the Hospital.
- Post holder will be required to form part of an out of hours call out support rota, along with other members of the Estates team. The post holder will co-ordinate and manage the roster to ensure full coverage at all times including the management of absence and holiday cover to rosters as required.
- To write out accurate job description for craftsmen/engineers to carry out their work.
- You will be required to ensure adherence by all staff to Interserve policies and procedures including absence, performance, safe systems of work etc and to report any discrepancies.
- Undertaking of all ppm in accordance with industry best practise, British Standards, Health Technical Memorandums, manufacturer’s recommendations and Interserve standard working practises, thus ensuring that all equipment / systems operate safely, effectively and as far as reasonably practical without interruption.
- To be aware of the Authority’s policy and fully understand the policy and apply it to all work. Not to undertake any job without first obtaining and wearing proper protective clothing and understand the nature of the work and system of doing it particularly in those which constitute a hazard to health. To ensure that Health and Safety practices including all safe systems of work, risk assessments and permits to work are adhered to at all times when carrying out the duties of this job description.
- Familiarise with all emergency plans and procedures, ensure understanding of and comply with same. Work to periodically develop and improve all such plans/procedures to enhance service delivery and improve safety.
- Provide timely information to the Estates Manager to ensure that all required reports and standards are achieved and produced on time and carry out the general administration of records and documentations within his/her section.
- Quality audits for PPM/reactive works and responsible for the production of management information regarding key performance indicators.
- Provide technical support to all operational staff and responsible for delivering tool box talks.
- Review and sign off completed jobs for both in house and subcontractor staff. Reviewing sub-contractors report sheets for additional/ remedial works. Reviewing and signing off invoices for payment.
- There is a responsibility to have a good working relationship will all other members of staff, patients and public.
- This job description is subject to change in accordance with organisational and service development, and will be regularly reviewed with the Post-holder.
Education / Qualifications / Training
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical engineering
- Recognised and registered EITB or CITB apprenticeship
- City & Guilds equivalent qualification in Electrical engineering
- Relevant evidence of competency for H&S
- IOSH Managing safely
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous work experience in a related role.
- Experience of managing an in house multi skilled team of operatives.
- Understanding / awareness of relevant statutory, regulatory, and Legal H&S requirements
- A good understanding of a building services mechanical systems and the ability to demonstrate their operation
- A good understanding and knowledge of other disciplines mainly Electrical
- Significant extended experience within a similar environment.
- Good administrator. Commercial awareness
- May need to organise own and others work in accordance with client/line manager requirements
- Have the ability to work in a proactive manner with a minimum of direct supervision
- Must be computer literate with email, excel and word packages
- Must be able to communicate, motivate, control, organise and manage staff.
- Ability to provide concise escalation reporting during emergency responses both in and out of hours.
- Relevant previous experience of operating Planet CAFM system
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'