Senior DevOps Manager - TPR - Brighton - up to £85k DOE
We are looking for an experienced hand on technical manager with a proven background in DevOps to lead a team responsible for the design, build and support of platform level components for The Pensions Regulator (TPR).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an Azure DevOps platform and driving the adoption of DevOps tools across the teams.
The candidate will have a deep understanding and experience of implementing Azure DevOps capabilities and taking organisations on the journey to adopting new ways of agile working.
- You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an Azure DevOps pipeline and driving the adoption of DevOps tools, processes and culture across the teams. You will lead the implementation of DevOps capabilities and taking organisations on the journey to adopting new agile ways of working.
- You will be responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining processes within TPR, leveraging automation tools and applications services available in the cloud. You will lead provisioning of Azure environments, build deployment, software configuration, continuous integration, continuous delivery (CD/CD), and release engineering processes.
- You will take a lead role in the delivery of TPR's Azure platform solutions at a macro level and per service for legacy systems. To do so you will build and lead a team of subject matter experts and integrate them with the wider IT services.
- Experience building and leading a DevOps team that builds and maintains Azure self-service components leveraged by project/product teams
- Experience with configuring management and DevOps workflow automation tools, preferably with Terraform and PowerShell DSC
- Extensive DevOps solutions experience required, including experience designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Extensive working knowledge and experience using the Azure DevOps toolset
- Knowledge and experience of the following technologies: SQL, .NET, CRM
- Defines and implements DevOps metrics to measure DevOps effectiveness
- Strong analytical/technical writing skills
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Extensive experience in a lead or above position with strong people management skills
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms, including virtualization and containerization
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and agile-hybrid delivery models
- Experience of government or regulatory processes, systems and information
- Relevant qualifications associated with DevOps
- Experience Dynamics 365
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership skills
Salary and benefits As well as a starting salary between £64,532 - £85,664 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'