This senior position involves the responsibility for the project management and co-ordination of work-streams, projects and project actions for the early phase of an ambitious Renewal Programme.
The successful candidate will oversee the development of a Councils Land Assets and create better spaces for local residents, while returning value to the Council wherever possible.
Our client is a leading London local authority with multiple major projects and and an ambitious build plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold responsibility for the project management and co-ordination of work-streams, projects and project actions .
- Oversee the development of the Councils Land Assets and create better spaces for local residents.
- Assist in the creation of projects that deliver the Council's needs and reduce the overall debt whenever possible.
- Take new projects through the project life-cycle from feasibility.
- Ensure that all commercial aspects of development schemes within the Major Projects remit are considered
- To identify risks and scenarios, and to manage projects and schemes taking into account those risks.
The candidate we are looking for must have a demonstrable:
- Experience negotiating and managing complex mixed-use projects. A good working knowledge of standard forms of development projects contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Professional knowledge of the construction industry, construction methods and industry standards.
- On-site experience and experience of managing development projects.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation insofar as it relates to the management of buildings and works.
- Understanding of local government practices and procedures, including financial regulations, European Union Regulations and procurement practices.
Competitive remuneration, the opportunity to work on singular major projects and career progression
- senior development manager social housing regeneration