FCC Environment, part of the FCC Group, have a requirement for a Senior Development Manager to be based at their Head Office in Northampton. Reporting to the Head of Development – Treatment (HoDT) the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a number of projects/programmes.
About the role
The post holder will play a fundamental part in developing, negotiating, agreeing and implementing new service contracts for principally the municipal treatment procurements however will, from time to time, be required to assist on collection and recycling service contracts. This will include pre-qualification stages, restricted tender processes, procurement through competitive dialogue and where appropriate negotiated contracts and/or extensions to contracts. The post holder will liaise closely with the Heads of Regional Development, Regional Operation Managers and other support departments such as Estates, SHEQ, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Operations.
- Deliver and monitor procurement/tender performance against the Development Strategy including project timelines and budgets
- Manage and supervise project/programme teams
- Responsible for the interpretation, development, negotiation and submission of project plans, tender proposals and contract documentation.
- Selection, appointment, management and control of external advisors
- Prepare, submit and present project development documentation/papers for approval
- Support the HoDT to ensure through training and motivation that the standards of staff knowledge and performance are enhanced
- Comply with and assist in the implementation of HR policies and the development of training plans
Experience and Skills
- Experienced in the preparation of project proposals (technical, financial and legal)
- Highly educated with a proven track record in similar role demonstrating the delivery of projects/programmes in excess of £5m CAPEX to time, budget and specification
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to project development, preferably within a Waste Management environment
- Proven ability to build strong teams, skilled in delivering measurable results through others
- Ability to work collaboratively in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. Our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centers
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Senior Development Manager role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.