Senior Analytical Chemist
Honeyman Group Ltd, a progressive company and market leader in providing first class contract analytical solutions to the pharmaceutical industry is currently seeking a number of ambitious and enthusiastic individuals to join the team.
We are looking for an experienced pharmaceutical Chemist to provide support with analytical method transfer and method development in accordance with pharmacopoeial and company requirements. Ideal candidates will have considerable experience with testing pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products using a wide range of analytical techniques and equipment.
Key duties include:
- Development of analytical test methods in accordance with regulatory and company requirements
- To complete analysis of client samples using various types of analytical equipment (LC,GC, UV-Vis, Dissolution, TOC, FTIR etc) and record data in accordance with cGMP and ALCOA principles
- Completing analytical projects and producing reports to meet agreed deadlines
- To check and sign off results
- Good Knowledge of quality systems
- Investigating OOS/NCR incidents
- Performing self-inspections and continuous improvement activities
- To be able to arrange service, maintenance and calibration of equipment
- To be a mentor and guide to analysts and technicians
- To regularly liaise with clients, reporting results and discussing out of spec results
- Supporting the business development unit with enquiries and business opportunities
- To provide training and support to other team members
- To ensure that GMP is adhered to
- HNC or higher in an analytical, chemical or other related subject
- Experience working in a regulated environment, preferably cGMP
- Excellent written and communication skills for liaising with clients and colleagues
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use of LC-GC systems (previous experience with Chem Station would be highly advantageous)
We currently have a number of different vacancies available within the Chemistry department as we continue to expand our Chemistry testing services from Barnard Castle.
This is a full time permanent position based within our Laboratories in Barnard Castle. Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. If you are yet to hear back from us within 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Honeyman Group Ltd does not employ via agencies.
- Laboratory Equipment