Senior Operations Buyer - Lutterworth site, (Leicestershire)
Electronics / Metalwork / Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Our client is a respected and long-established electronics manufacturing services partner specialising in end-to-end procurement, manufacture, and supply chain solutions, employing over 450 personnel across the group, and with a turnover in excess of £50m and rising. An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an Senior Operations Buyer to be based at Lutterworth, with an excellent salary as part of the generous package on offer.
This is an exciting fast paced environment which varies every day, but it is also a challenging role which requires commitment, dedication, and flexibility to maintain the high results expected.
Our client builds the electronic 'hearts and brains' for complex machines supplied all around the world. Their customers are at the top of their game and the products they design and sell keep the world moving - quite literally in some cases. So, any delay, shortage or damaged piece of material has the potential to stop the production lines and they cannot afford for that to happen. This is where you can help.
Job Role - Description:
This is a new role for an already established Senior Operations Buyer or experienced Operations Buyer looking for the next step in their career. You will have demonstrable purchasing experience preferably in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of the metalwork commodity. You will work closely with your peers to provide support to the Operations Purchasing Manager and work closely with other departmental functions to drive procurement operational excellence. You will be involved in all aspects of the purchase to pay process including escalation route for Operations Buyer's in respect of material for production, supplier negotiation, supplier delivery and quality concerns and other purchasing-based support activities.
- Material Replenishment: Support Operations Buyers in ensuring that POs are placed in a timely and accurate manner according to customer demand. Ensure that demand requests are clear and any queries resolved promptly whilst ensuring that Purchase Orders are placed in line with existing Supply contracts Supplier contract agreements.
- Work alongside the Sourcing team to deliver their strategies through the placement of supplier long term contract agreements which have negotiated appropriately in line with customer SLA's, driving costs downwards wherever possible.
- Manage team KPI's to track and monitor supplier performance, identify areas for improvement and use data to provide updates to Senior Purchasing Management team.
- Ensure all the data contained for suppliers is correct and up to date across all business systems.
- Manage material movements and transactions for sub-contracting partners.
- Ensure that Part number data applicable to Procurement is correct across all business systems.
- Have sound awareness of KPI's to track and monitor supplier performance, identify areas for improvement and use data to provide updates to Senior Purchasing Management team.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities that reduces the total acquisition cost.
- Ensure that integrity of information for all costs is maintained in all business systems.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and take a proactive approach to implementing ideas.
- Provide support to group purchasing initiatives as required.
Key Measures of Performance:
- Replenishment efficiencies (MRP, Kanban etc)
- Supplier Delivery and Quality Performance
- Accuracy of data in business systems
- Timely reporting and accuracy of management information
- Supplier Development
- Efficient end to end management of order books
- Contribution to supply chain development
Skills and Behaviours Required:
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify data errors and put in place corrections.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes and an understanding of the importance of the key documents in a supply contract.
- Must demonstrate personal behaviours in line with the company culture and environment.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, tenacity, and ownership.
- Must be able to prioritise a heavy workload and re-evaluate regularly to accommodate current areas of focus for the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- CIPS certification preferred or studying towards
- Proven experience working in a purchasing / supply chain role.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings essential
- Experience of scheduling purchase orders for a dynamic customer base
- A working knowledge of secondary processes for machined products
- Working knowledge of MRP systems preferred, although training will be provided
- An understanding of low volume purchasing would be advantageous
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Excel and Access)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of manufacturing techniques and processes essential
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'