A Senior Buyer is required to join the purchasing / procurement department of a leading vehicle manufacturer managing all the commercial procurement / buying activity within the group. This exciting Buyer / Purchasing opportunity will offer you the chance to progress into management in the next two years.
Staffordshire – Commutable from Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Cannock, Burton Upon Trent, Derby, Lichfield, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Telford, Macclesfield, Crewe (Re-location considered)
££Competitive Salary + Benefits + Genuine Career Progression
- Educated to a minimum of CIPS level 4 is advantageous.
- A background in direct purchasing / procurement of raw materials.
- Experience in category, project, inventory and people management.
- A strong understanding of cradle to grave procurement, the importance of urgency and strong in negotiation.
- Experience in low cost country sourcing.
- The successful candidates will deputise for the Purchasing Manager and directly manage a team of 3 in the Buyer function.
- Engage with engineering in NPI ensuring parts are designed to cost and for manufacture.
- Focus on quality; represent the purchasing function in warranty meetings and carry out new supplier assessments ensuring they meet the company’s quality standards.
- Control cost; compile and deliver the annual budget for the Lead Buy areas.
- Manage risk; negotiate long term agreements with key suppliers, act on alerts created from the continuous risk assessment, identify and access potential new suppliers.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Senior Buyer job please forward your CV to Greg Kneuss, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Greg directly for a further chat on the job.
Greg is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Greg and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2871GK
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (http://terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job