Brewster Pratap are supporting an organisation in the appointment of a Senior Buyer. The role holds operational and tactical responsibilities for managing supplier quality, cost and delivery in line with company requirements and strategic responsibilities by assisting with the development of the function and the supply base in line with company strategy. Additionally, the Senior Buyer will assist as necessary with the maintenance and control of record keeping and process control. The post holder will develop a close working relationship with multiple functions including HSQE, Finance, Engineering and Projects teams to support the business strategy and values and bring about improvements.
- Safety, Health & Environment - Reports all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions as necessary to line management. Actively seeks opportunities to promote safety improvements.
- Quality - Is vigilant in the role and constantly trying to reduce poor quality product from entering the business. Promoting adherence to standard work practices and their improvement.
- Continuous Improvement - Understands CI approach and actively promotes CI activities when possible.
- Problem Solving - Engages others as required to problem solve and identify robust solutions to root causes.
- Housekeeping - Regularly uses audit system with noticeable improved housekeeping in areas from both visual and audit scores
- Approach - Demonstrates a positive approach to business needs, colleagues & the work environment - even when things are going wrong.
- Commitment and Effort - Shows commitment to the dept. plans and objectives with the ability to constantly exceed customers' expectations and prioritise area's where effort is most effective to business need.
- Performance & Results - Driven to deliver continual improvement and achieve set results and objectives.
- Team Development/Behaviours - Demonstrates a positive approach to own/team development and behaviours. Performs additional duties and assignments as requested and needed by the business.
- Team-working - Develops Interpersonal skills - listens actively, gives/receives feedback and criticism effectively and creates positive links with other teams.
- Communication - Regular discussions and communications with team and personnel interfacing with the role regarding workplace issues.
- Planning and Organisation - Demonstrates effective use of time and prioritising workload. Escalates constraints and issues with line manager when required.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrates a good operational knowledge of the plant and processes.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Business or Supply Chain Management or Procurement related Degree or CIPs qualified.
- 3 years plus experience in a similar role (Internal applicants - a will & desire to learn quickly and manage people in difficult situations).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of buying/procurement in a Material Requirements Planning environment.
- Experience of working in a Continuous improvement/ Development focused organisation.
- Experience working with demanding timescales and in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering or technical background would be an advantage
- Able to develop and implement change.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and man-management experience.
- Experience in sub-contract processing and treatment management.
- Some knowledge of Engineering disciplines and processes.
- Commercially and financially minded.
Position of the Senior Buyer within the organisation:
- Line report to the Material Supply Chain Manager for performance management and delivery of targets and objectives.
- You will interact on a daily/regular basis with:
- HSQE, Engineers, Project Managers and the Material Supply Chain team
- And Managers as requested
Brewster McBride Search & Selection is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of executive talent. Please visit our website at www.brewstermcbride.co.uk for more details about how we may be able to assist you in your job search.