The office is a warm and friendly environment and its always a pleasure to deal with this company.
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual programme of work through agreement of key risks and associated assurance requirements with stakeholders.
• Contribute to the delivery of the annual audit programme through independently executing audit projects, advising the business in providing risk mitigation solutions and tracking resolutions through to effective delivery.
• Present findings of audit conclusions/opinions to a range of stakeholders.
• Actively contribute to business forums to ensure risk/control issues are sufficiently considered and managed.
• Researching specialist/technical topics to support business change/deliver effective assurance.
• Act as liaison with external auditors.
• Supporting the business via development of tailored solutions to ensure key business projects receive risk based assurance.
• Providing a consultative service to tailor assurance/audit work to meet ad hoc requests.
• Maintain awareness of professional audit standards.
• Support the business in the promotion of risk management and fostering the risk culture.
• Maintain appropriate awareness of fraud issues.
• Undertake initial fraud investigations and act as liaison with external parties where appropriate.
• Maintain internal procedures and practice documents in support of best practice.
• Undertaking key supplier internal controls due diligence for new suppliers and existing suppliers including services provided for our investment business.
• Provide support to the business in achieving external accreditation for a range of quality standards including business continuity and information security.
You will need
• Educated to degree standard
• Recognised professional qualification or part qualified (such as ACA, ACCA)
• Experience within Internal Audit / Risk Management
• Managing stakeholders
Skills and competencies
• Communication and relationship management - ability to foster relations with broad stakeholder group
• Conflict resolution /negotiate/ influence
• Solution orientated /pragmatist
• Judgement, diplomacy and discretion
• Versatile and ability to multitask
• Process driven and detail orientated
• Works under pressure
• Highly developed investigative skills
For more information please get in touch
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business