A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join the successful and growing Belfast Corporate Tax team. We have opportunities for people to work in all parts of our business whether you specialise in advising Multinational groups or prefer working with Private Businesses.
Given the vast majority of our compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams across the UK, your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy work on a varied portfolio with great opportunities for career advancement. We are looking for a candidate that has
- UK corporate tax consultancy knowledge and experience
- Passionate for client service with good interpersonal and technical skills
- Experience as a team player that can assist colleagues with a range of corporate tax consultancy tasks and maintain the teams' excellent service to clients at all times
- Interested in high quality challenging work.
About the role
The successful candidate will have strong UK corporate tax consultancy knowledge, combined with the proven ability to provide a commercial tax service to our clients and experience of working as part of a client team supporting ongoing clients and contributing to one-off projects.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in particular areas such as international tax, structuring, research and development and transfer pricing.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Proactively manage and deliver ad hoc tax consultancy advice on a portfolio of clients and generally work to Managers and above
- Being proactively involved in managing and controlling deliverables, deadlines and project finances of clients
- Reviewing a wide variety of corporate returns linked with your own client allocation whilst considering whether any tax planning opportunities arise.
- Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in law and the firm's products and services
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
- ACA/CTA (or similar) qualification
- Up-to-date UK corporate tax consultancy experience (preferably 2 years+) and may potentially have a mixed tax background
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to communicate with non-tax specialists)
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a broad portfolio of clients and targets.
- Passion for client service and interest in understanding your clients business
- A team player prepared to assist colleagues to maintain the teams' excellent service to clients at all times
- Self -motivated and continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements...
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'