Senior Android Engineer at Well Digital
Salary: Competitive - 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Manchester city centre
Do you want to work on stuff that matters?
Well Pharmacy is the the UK’s largest independent pharmacy with over 760 stores across the UK. Our mission as a company is to build the best prescription experience in the UK.
Well Digital is a startup team creating new world-class digital products and services. We have a big ambition: to bring pharmacy into the digital age.
Since we started Well Digital just over a year ago, we’ve launched the UK’s first Viagra subscription service and built a new digital prescription delivery service.
Our customers already love our products: metrics are strong, and most of our initial growth has been through word of mouth.
We’re looking for a product-aware Android engineer to help us build the UK’s leading digital pharmacy service.
We’ve been testing our iPhone app for a couple of months, and now we’re ready to start building on Android, too.
You'll work closely with our designers and the rest of our engineering team, shaping the development of our product to ensure we're making the most of the Android platform.
As a team, you’ll be trusted to build the right things in the right way to drive customer growth and satisfaction.
We want a mobile team that’s evenly balanced, with Android and iOS on equal footing. Our design team understand Android best practices and care deeply about providing a slick native experience: we want to delight each platform’s users.
Our iPhone app is native Swift talking to a serverless backend written in Go. We make extensive use of AWS services. We’ve also built a back office web system (PharmOS) using React. We’ve not started building on Android yet.
What you’ll do
- lead the development of our Android app
- step into backend dev and/or design work - we like to mix it up
- build, test and operate digital services to meet customer needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- participate in our in-house support, and potentially out-of-hours support rota
- use modern engineering practices like test-driven development, pair programming and continuous deployment
- help build our engineering culture and ways of working
You should apply if
- you want to build a product that really matters to people who take medicines
- you have contributed to shipping one or more apps in the Play Store
- you love turning excellent design into beautiful products
- you care about accessibility and developing products that work for all
- you enjoy developing apps that delight users
- you have great ideas about how to use the latest Android features to make the app the best in class
- you keep up with latest Android development tools and features to develop apps quickly and reliably
- you have a working knowledge of cloud technologies e.g. AWS
- you build strong relationships and love to collaborate
- you like learning new programming tools and techniques
What’s in it for you
Fair compensation and generous benefits:
- annual bonus plan
- private medical insurance
- health assessments
- childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual leave
Set up to succeed:
- board-level support
- empowered, multidisciplinary team
- state of the art kit - just let us know what tools you need to do your job
- lovely office in Castlefield, Manchester
- friendly, fast-paced and respectful culture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"