Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant for a rapidly growing, start up insurance organisation with offices in Central London.
Reporting to and working closely with the FC and CFO, the main purpose of the role will be to help build a robust financial control and framework for the insurance entities within the Group take responsibility for process improvements.
Some of the main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of GL control account reconciliations (lead review and sign-off process; advising Assistant Accountants of required corrective journals);
- Preparation of legal entity management accounts; ability to write detailed commentary;
- Provides bespoke and ad-hoc analytical reports when required;
- Ownership of some departmental and legal entity AvB monthly meetings (interaction with Heads of Department and C-Suite);
- Ownership of AvB meetings; preparation of analysis; write up and investigation of key variances;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return;
- Assisting the Chief Accountant with year-end audit (e.g. preparing Client Assistance Packages) and preparation of annual financial statements; including writing of disclosure notes;
- Training and mentoring two Assistant Accountants (currently studying towards their ACCA and CIMA qualifications).
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant with sound experience of financial control, including year end statutory accounts, monthly commentaries and management accounts. This role would ideally suit someone looking for their first move out of practice as you must be technically strong with good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP, together with the ability to manage and build relationships with different teams around the business. Previous experience of managing staff is also imperative along with good communication and Excel skills. Any exposure to the insurance/technology sector will prove to be highly advantageous but is not necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who is keen to gain invaluable experience of working for a thriving SME organisation with huge expansion plans.
For your experience and knowledge in the above you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job