Our client is looking to recruit a talented and motivated Senior Account Manager. This is a new, but pivotal, role in understanding client’s wants and needs, and leading the way in achieving longer and stronger client relationships by being that intrinsic link between the client and our client.
This is an office-based role that will also require you to spend time out of the office, initially we see this role being spent 3 days in Hitchin and 2 off-site per week, but as relationships are built, off-site days may well start to reduce. It can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm; however deadlines may stretch this further and will require some flexibility.
- Over 5 years professional experience in working on multiple key accounts ideally within the from telecommunications and gambling sectors
- Ability to digest and discuss briefs from clients
- High degree of attention to detail; must be able to take responsibility for ensuring all work is correct
- Experience in working on TTL campaigns
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to run conference calls, client meetings and production sessions
- In depth technical knowledge of TV, online and print processes
- Experience in DRTV (Direct Response TV) - PREFERABLE
- Excellent leadership and planning skills
- Great F2F presentational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, ensuring key counts continue to grow in accordance with the business plan
- Great communication skills with clients and 3rd Party agencies
- Is equally motivated to work with clients at their offices, as well as back at HQ
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Experience of working within a creative agency
Role & Responsibilities
- Daily contact with clients from your set accounts is a key part of the job, so offering insights and forward-thinking solutions are essential to the productive communication process.
- On these accounts you will naturally be part of the presentation team, and, as a result, a very confident and assertive attitude is necessary to promote our clients offering and benefit.
- Reporting to the Head of Client Production Services, you will work in a growing, fast-paced environment, that is both demanding and fulfilling - involving the coordination of internal and external teams. Our client will depend on you to give the projects direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for their client.
- A key role in conceptualising, implementing, and executing tailored strategies across key accounts - in accordance with the overall strategy of the business
- Challenging the client when we needed, protecting the client and closely monitoring the process.
- Owning the client briefing stage and ignition meetings with the client, ensuring that you challenge every aspect of the brief and fully understand what the client are trying to achieve and why.
- Suggesting new ways to improve client relationships and help improve workflow with clients (e.g. video conferencing, F2F meetings, weakly production calls, tissue session, results forums etc.)
- Challenge all decisions across a project’s life-cycle on behalf of the client with robust confidence in their ability understand the detail of the issue
- Ensure clients are getting all production work on time and on budget
- Oversee different service offerings (TV, Digital, VOD, Press, Print, Radio); ensuring the 'campaign’ is on brief and consistent throughout
• The day-to-day management of client’s marketing and advertising campaigns
• Significant experience in professional client relationship management
• A solid background in advertising, design or marketing
• The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
• A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective team management capabilities
• A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
• Full awareness of creative processes and techniques - including digital platforms
• The willingness to note relevant trends and develop ideas
• The ability to work as an authoritative figure in a busy team
• Invite/arrange H/O CPS to key meetings with the client
• Regular liaising with the client, including hot-desking from their offices
• Ear to the ground in scoping out further work, and growth of account (Bonus incentive to be discussed)
• Weekly accounts meetings with H/O CPS updating him on short-term progression and account updates
• Quarterly written reports to H/O CPS summarising relationship development - as well as account growth. Offer a summary update on the progress of the short/mid/long term account strategy
• Developing relationships with key individuals - both internally and externally: Client Marketing Manager, Client Marketing Controller, Lead Producer, Account Producer, Traffic Manager etc.
• Be an essential part of the QC’ing process back at HQ.
• Be mindful of the importance - and necessity - to plan 3, 6, 9 months ahead with the client
• Be on the front foot with organising "wash-up" sessions on key jobs within the account to discuss results, successes, performance, and items to learn from going forward
• Be on the front foot in organising social events to help relationship between client and agency
A competitive salary is offered!
- Direct Response Television
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job