Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant for an all-through special needs school based in Brent. The school caters for students with a range of needs including severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), and Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The successful SEN Teaching Assistant is to start ASAP on a temporary basis until July 2019 with a possibility of extending.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant set to commence a contract ASAP that will progress through to the end of the academic year, with added possibility of extension afterward
- Will be supporting secondary students in KS2 with a range of needs including severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), and Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Daily rate starting from £70, depending on experience
- Must be comfortable with personal care
- Will need to assist in the hydrotherapy pool
About the School
- All-through SEN school based in Brent with an 'Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted
- Beautiful buildings with modern facilities, including a hydrotherapy pool on site and outdoor access from each classroom
- Currently catered to a roll of 270 pupils aged between 3 - 19 years
- Small class sizes (approximately 8 pupils) with 2 - 3 support staff in each lesson
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks during the past two years essential)
- Previous experience with SEN, ASD, MLD, SLD and/or PMLD (essential)
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please submit your CV and quote job reference number NVC27284 when applying.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'