The ideal candidate:
- Will be able to work with pupils between the ages of 3 - 19 with special support needs.
- Will have experience working within a Learning development environment, with experience preferred in working with moderate learning difficulties, speech, language and communication needs.
- Literacy and numeracy skills.
- The ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Additional skills or training in Team Teach, Intensive Interaction, PECs, Makaton and/or Autism Awareness is also preferred but not essential.
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher.
- Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups.
- Adapting support according to needs.
- Creating an engaging and stimulating learning environment.
- Feeding back to teachers.
- Keeping and maintaining records and attending review meetings.
Eden Brown Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Eden Brown Education must had a valid Enhanced Disclosure on the online update service, or be willing to apply for a new DBS.
You will be required to provide two valid references within the last three years prior to working, one of which must be related to education and/or care work. One of your references has to be provided by your most recent employer.
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact Eden Brown Education - Sheffield or apply for the advert by submitting your CV.
Eden Brown Education is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrowneducation.com